Slick on a body moisturizer to create a wonderfully silky body. Add a moisturizing body to treat to your daily beauty regime, and you’ll soon reap the benefits.
Just as you choose a moisturizer for your face with care, you should opt for the best formulation that is suited to the skin type on your body.
- Gels are the formulation and are perfect for every hot day or oiler skin type. They contain many nourishing ingredients even though they’re very easy to wear.
- Lotions and oils are good for the most skin types and easy to apply, as they’re not sticky. Creams give better results for those with dry skins, especially in very dry areas.
01. Make the most of body moisturizer
- Apply using firm strokes to boost your circulation as you massage in the product. Apply the moisturizer straight on to clean, damp skin – after a bath or shower is the ideal time. This helps seal extra moisture into the upper layers of your skin, making it softer than ever
- Soften cracked feet by rubbing them with rich body lotion, pulling on a pair of cotton socks, and heading for bed. They’ll be beautifully soft by the next morning.
- Concentrate on rubbing moisturizer into particularly dry areas such as heels, knees, and elbows. The calves are also very prone to dryness because there aren’t many oil glands present there.
- If you don’t have time to apply moisturizer after your bath, simply add a few drops of body oil to the water. When you step out of the bath, your skin will be coated with a fine film of nourishing oil. Always remember to rinse the bath well afterward to prevent you from slipping the next time you climb into the bath.
- Your breasts don’t have any supportive muscle from the nipple to the collarbone and skin is very fine here. Firming creams won’t work miracles, but can help maintain the elasticity and supplication of body lotion can have similar effects.
Take the time before dressing to moisturize your skin. Why not apply body lotion and then allow your skin to absorb it while you clean your teeth or dry your hair
Opt for a scented body lotion as a treat, They can often be longer-lasting than the fragrances themselves. Alternatively, use them as part of “fragrance layering”. This simply means taking advantage of the various scent formulation available. Start with scented bath oil and soap, move on to the matching body lotion and powder, and leave the house wearing the fragrance itself sprayed on to pulse points.
However, be careful you don’t clash fragrances. Choose unscented products if you’re also wearing a matching scented body lotion. You don’t want cheaper products to compete with your more expensive perfume.
02. Home-made lotions
03. Geranium body lotion
This is a spicy, fragrant lotion. Geranium oil is derived from a relative of the scented geranium leaf and the fragrance is pleasantly sharp and aromatic.
- 175ml/6 fl oz unscented body lotion
- 15 drops geranium oil
Add the geranium oil to the body lotion mix them well pour into a bottle with a tight lid.
03. Coconut and Orange flower body lotion
01. Melt the coconut oil in a heatproof bowl over gently simmering water. Stir in the sunflower and wheatgerm oils. Leave to cool, then add the fragrance and pour it into a jar.
- 50g/2oz coconut oil
- 60ml/4 tbsp sunflower oil
- 10ml/2 tsp wheatgerm oil
- 10 drops orange flower essence or 5 drops neroli essential oil