For thousands of years, herbs and plants have been mixed and blended and then used to heal, freshen, pamper and beautify hair. The following are a few age – old hair care recipes that you might like to try at home. Remember to use these treatments immediately after you have made them because they won’t keep well
Natural Dandruff Treatment
Mix a few drops of oil of rosemary with 30ml/2 tbsp oil and rub well into the scalp at bedtime. Shampoo and rinse thoroughly in the morning
Easy Egg Shampoo
Treatments can be applied more thoroughly to the hair by using a wide-toothed comb. This ensures it is applied from root to tip.
Once you have applied a condition treatment to your hair, wrap your hair in a warm towel. Then lie back and relax for 20 minutes or so, to allow the treatment plenty of time work
Zesty hair cream
- 30ml 2 tbsp olive oil
- 30ml 2 tbsp light sesame oil
- 2 eggs
- 30ml 2 tbsp coconut milk
- 30ml 2 tbsp runny honey
- 5 ml 1 tbsp coconut oil
- blended of food processor
Process the ingredients until smooth. Transfer to a bottle. Keep in the fridge and use within 3 days.
Parsley hair paste
- 1 large handful parsley springs
- blender of food processor
- 30ml 2 tbsp water
1. Place the parsley in a blender or food processor with the water
2. Process until the parsley is ground to a smooth green puree. Apply the lotion to your scalp, then wrap a warm towel around your head. Leave for about an hour before washing your hair as usual.
As you apply the treatments, gently massage your scalp for a few minutes to improve circulation and allow the treatment to have the most beneficial effect.
Rosemary hair tonic
- 250ml 8 fl oz / 1 cup fresh rosemary tips
- 1.2 liters / 2 points / 5 cups bottle water
2. Strain the liquid and use a funnel to pour it into a clean bottle. Store in a cool place. Apply as a soothing and invigorating rinse after shampooing.